Lazing around on the last weekend before the new semester begins…
For more weekly photo challenge: carefree, look http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/photo-challenge-carefree/.
16 Aug 2013 3 Comments
18 Jun 2012 2 Comments
Sometimes I want to just rip on through and finish those mythical three thousand achievements, but my mad efforts are thwarted by life.
Creativity is a distracting, driving force. I believe that is what I am about, much of the time.
However, when I get home from church on Sundays, I understand that I am falling short in many areas of life; areas in life that are more real than art and craft, color and texture. The answer to this dilemma is to go within, of course.
And once I determine that I am going to sit and ponder, that’s when the images drift through.I let Flag Day pass me by again, as usual. Will I get the patriotic thingies done by Fourth of July? And then there’s the new remnant purchase for the stash: from left to right, picnic table cloths, silver lame doll space suit, gator something.
Even my pattern weights beckon.
My life is part cleaner and maintainer, part nurturer, part compassionate server, and part distracted dreamer and creator. How is your life divided among the projects you choose to take on? As I get the chance to ponder and pray, allowing the restless call of the fabric swatches to drift away, I do see where my life may be out of balance, and understand where I can redirect my efforts.
03 Jun 2012 5 Comments
I read my email at 4 AM to discover I’ve been nominated for/won a Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Karine Berthine of The Sweaty Knitter, Weaver and Devotee of Other Fiber Arts for this special honor! I love her blog, and am not sure mine belongs in the same class with it. She said I have “a great, eclectic blog!”
One of the rules and conditions for accepting the award is to also nominate 15 other blogs I’ve read and liked recently. That’s a lot of great blogs to read! Many of the blogs I read have already been gifted with this award, but I will try! I’ve found some great blogs through the “lists of 15” on these rules of compliance posts. So thanks again, Karine, for considering me as one of your picks.
1. Burda Style –this is the mothership of all sewing blogs.
2. Diary of a Sewing Fanatic –sewing leadership with so much charisma
3. Sew Fun! Blog –Lena Kantis from Husqvarna Viking presents sewing innovations
4. Ginger Unzueta Photography –a talented portrait artist
5. Paintspots and Splinters –Vicky Weaver’s beautiful, beautiful arts and crafts
6. The Crafty Cauldron –delightful Harry Potter projects
7. The Creative Addiction Blog –awe-inspiring projects and artist and event spotlights
8. Streets of Salem –Dana Segar’s phenomenal history blog, one of my most addictive indulgences
9. Wednesday Night Knitting –the life and times of a small, eclectic group of knitters 🙂
10. Dream, Quilt, Create! — fabulous eye candy and great information from Cynthia Horst
11. Swell Sewing — great projects and tutorials
12. He Sowed She Sewed –a family blog with useful and fun tutorials
13. Princess Pin Curls –delightful vintage fashion extravaganza from Australia
14. Maggie’s Onebutt Kitchen –mouth-watering recipes and photos
15. Ten Thousand Dancing Stars –Jocelyn’s marvelous knitting and fiber blog
The other rule/condition for accepting the Versatile Blogger Award is to tell the nominator –that is, The Sweaty Knitter and I guess any one else who wants to read about it– seven things about myself.
1. As of tomorrow, June 4, I will have 18 grandchildren. I don’t remember ever thinking about this when I was asked “what do you want to be when you grow up?” But that is what I do now, I grandmother.
2. I love Sweaty Knitter’s posts about arcane needlework processes and terms; don’t ever stop!
3. I once was a UAW shop steward and got to shake hands with Jesse Jackson at a labor rally in Miami
4. My aptitude test before entering college said my best jobs would be “occupational therapist” and “clown.”
5. I was named for my aunt, who died of acute leukemia the year before I was born.
6. You already know this, but I have 4 cats. That puts me at a high rating on the weirdiosity scale.
7. I think I accidentally ingested some Gorilla glue last night when I was trying to repair a broken tea cup.
So that’s it! Thank you, thank you!