A little PS to week before last entry: I found a Mickey Mouse fleece remnant about 30″ x 15″ and sewed up some travel pillows for the twins, to go with their woobies.. This is the sort of project I can really get into, because all the materials were stashed and I didn’t have to buy anything. First I cut off the selvage from the remnant and folded the remainder in half, then cut it into 2 equal pieces. I had an old bag of quilt batting lying around, which had been previously cut into, so it contained lots of long narrow pieces leftover from a bigger project. I cut some and folded them into a small pillow shape. Then I got a remnant in my “white” drawer that was labeled “Wamsutta 100% cotton” (probably what used to be an old sheet) and fashioned a pillow case for the rolled-up batting. I seamed the fleece pillow cover on the wrong side then turned it, leaving an opening on the back with slightly overlapping ends to stuff the pillow inside. More overlapping would have been better but the remnant was just too short.
Meanwhile, last week I went trading at 2 different venues, the gym and the church, and obtained some freebies to experiment with. Sheesh, from the photo, looks like even my mannequin has saddle bags.
.I like the shirt and the red dress. The skirt could use some adornment, such as the recent trendy Letters and Text dress on the Sew Fun blog (Husqvarna Viking Sewing machine blog). The blogger said she has decided to embroider words she likes, names of children, etc. At first I thought “dotty” then I began to think “innovative!”
We also got free produce over the weekend, thanks to a farming friend who let us come and pick. Thanks, Billy and JoAnn for the wonderful, fresh, beautiful, free food!